If You've Been Injured, You Need Strong RepresentationCall Paige J. Donnelly, Ltd.

If You've Been Injured, You Need Strong Representation Call Paige J. Donnelly, Ltd.

Injuries To Children

What happens if the injured person is a child? It will be the worst day of any parent’s life. Children can suffer injuries because they are especially vulnerable. Our kids don’t have the experience and good judgment we as adults are supposed to have. They trust the adults in their lives. Kids don’t always know that something is dangerous. They need the protection adults can give, whether that protection is from parents, teachers, doctors or anyone else whose job is to safeguard our children from harm.

Injury At Birth

A child can be injured at birth. The doctors and nurses might be negligent in the delivery. If the harm that results can’t be corrected and your child has problems because of an injury at birth, your child has the right to seek compensation for his or her loss. That loss can tragically add up to thousands of dollars over a lifetime if the costs of future care for your child require money for therapy, medicines and special assistance.

Injury From Neglect

Every day, someone’s child is injured or killed by neglectful adults. Children can be hurt at the playground on broken equipment, while crossing the street, by a dog’s bite or in a car accident, even though they are safely seat-belted or in a child seat. If an injury heals, but leaves scars or disfigures the child, that child might be entitled to receive money for the harm from the person responsible and their car or home owner’s insurer.

Compensating The Child

The right of your child to get compensation for an injury must be handled by the child’s parent, and the claim for a child’s harm is always subject to a judge’s approval of the settlement. If a parent misses time from work to take the child to the doctor or to provide care at home, that loss of income can be recovered, also.

The money recovered from the child’s injury is for the child. By law, the judge will order the money for the child deposited in a bank account until the child turns 18 years old. It is then released to the child and may be used for their benefit. Sometimes, it is possible to do some creative settlements where the child receives tax-free compensation over their adult life if the circumstances permit.

How We Can Help

If your child is injured, you need someone to help you stand up for your child’s rights. Contact the personal injury law firm Paige J. Donnelly, Ltd.. We have 50 years of experience defending injured children and advocating for their legal rights. Our lawyers know how to argue for an injured child’s rights. They will make sure that your child receives the medical care necessary to heal and recover from their injuries as best they can and obtain the compensation they deserve.