If You've Been Injured, You Need Strong RepresentationCall Paige J. Donnelly, Ltd.

If You've Been Injured, You Need Strong Representation Call Paige J. Donnelly, Ltd.

Knowledgeable About Drunk Driving And Dram Shop Laws

Automobile accidents are always traumatic. Injuries from a car crash can alter your life dramatically. The injuries can cause the loss of a job or make you need to change your job. The pain of the injuries can invade and affect all aspects of your life. When these changes are brought about by a simple, preventable factor they become that much more tragic, painful and unbelievable. A driver under the influence of any amount of alcohol or drugs has committed an inexcusable wrong.

An injured person might have a civil claim for the injuries and damages caused by the drunk driver. They might also have a dram shop claim against the seller of the alcohol. You need to know your legal rights to receive all the compensation you are entitled to. Contact the Paige J. Donnelly, Ltd. Our personal injury attorneys will promptly respond to your questions and are willing to visit you at the hospital or in your home.

What To Know About Dram Shop Cases

The state of Minnesota is a leader in establishing legislation regarding the abuse of alcohol and drugs. The dram shop or liquor liability laws impose liability and allow consequences on persons or drinking establishments that illegally sell or serve intoxicating beverages. For example, it is illegal to sell or serve an intoxicating beverage to someone obviously intoxicated or to a minor, or sell an intoxicating beverage without a license.

Proving a case under these laws can be tricky. Often, there is no absolute proof that a person was served or sold intoxicating liquor at any one particular location, and that the consumption of that alcohol or intoxicating liquor was the sole contributing factor to a person’s intoxication. That is why it is important to hire an experienced attorney who knows what needs to be done and has the manpower to prove these types of claims.

Lawsuits: Not Just For Automobile Accidents

You don’t have to be involved in an automobile accident to sustain injuries that may be compensable under the dram shop or liquor liability laws. Minnesota laws have extended the same rules and expectations to people driving off-road recreational vehicles, such as three-wheelers or four-wheelers, dirt bikes or motorcycles. The law also includes people operating boats or other motorized watercraft, such as a jet ski or even a canoe if it has a motor operating on it.

Pedestrians are often the victims of injuries sustained at the hands of an intoxicated driver. This includes truck drivers, bus drivers and others who drive for a profession. In fact, Minnesota has enforced its alcohol rules on people driving something as simple as a riding lawn mower or a go-cart.

Allow Us To Help

No one deserves to suffer the trauma of a motor vehicle crash. Reach out to our experienced attorneys who can help answer any questions you have. To schedule your initial consultation, please call our St. Paul office at 651-728-7070, call us toll-free at 800-559-9859 or send us an email.